During 2018-2019 Romanca Society participated in an European Erasmus + Project called “Young leaders”, finalised with a mobility in Czeck Pepublic, representing UK in this context.
This project was a project of mobility of youth workers of the Erasmus+ programme. It was involving youth workers from 10 countries that cooperated on tasks related to leadership at youth work.
Various methods of non-formal education such as workshops, role-play, presentations, discussions, debates, excursion etc. were used throughout the project. Each country also prepared presentation of their culture for Intercultural Days to present their country and their typical culture, songs, music or meals.
|Associazione Culturale Jumpin||Italy||3|
|Sdruzhenie Walk Together||Bulgaria||2|
|Asociacion Juvenil Intercambia||Spain||2|
|D´Antilles et D´Ailleurs||France||2|
26 youth workers from 10 countries – Czech Republic, Cyprus, Italy, England, Turkey, Estonia, Bulgaria, Spain, France and Greece, each country will be represented by 2-3 participants according to certain criteria if the project.
he projects assumed the involvement of young youth workers who are active within participating organizations, are interested in leading teams of young people, organise various activities and projects for them and cooperate at international level. All participants were able to communicate in English fluently. Each participating organisation organised selection process using their methods to ensure they match requirements of the project and the profile of a participant.
As the project was a mobility of youth workers, age limit for the participants, young youth workers aged 18-30 mostly.
– to improve key competences of youth workers, particularly communication, language, social and IT through various workshops, seminars and other activities
– to develop managerial and organisational skills of youth workers and their ability to be a leader through worshops on creating miniprojects, discussions, sharing good practice examples etc.
– to furnish youth workers with essential for youthwork – organisation, management, sharing-experience with involvement young people from disadvantaged groups
– to strengthen international cooperation
– to develop creativity of youth workers through workshops „Twenty-nineteen” focused on developing youth projects
– to allow sharing information about various cultures
– to increase motivation of youth workers for their work
The host of the project was Euroteam Czech Republic, offering exceptional experience to all participants in the Hradeck region, surrounded by the mountains , in a picturesque location.
The participants developed skills and abilities for leadership , they used non-formal methods , monitor their own personal development , taking intensive part in the project, all being quantified in the individual Europass Certificate awarded at the end of the project.
The Romanca Society participants declared that the experience empowered them with confidence and understanding of the leadership and cultural exchange topics. Friendships and new project ideas were born with this occasion.
To our surprise on returning in our home country , the host Euroteam Czech Republic send to our team participants a illustrated book full with our photos from the project page in Facebook, joyful memories of a fantastic time together.
We hope to have further chance to take part in projects with some or all of the participants. We are waiting for our next challenge!
Romanca Society Team